The FLoid® Cell Imaging Station is an affordable, user-friendly imaging solution for the quick detection and verification of fluorescently-labeled samples. The FLoid® Cell Imaging Station captures transmitted light and three-color fluorescent images of your cells and samples right at your benchtop. You do not need to be specially trained or have dedicated staff to operate it. An uncomplicated user interface, streamlined image acquisition process, and real-time, multicolor display allow even imaging novices to produce high-quality images with a few mouse clicks.
The FLoid® Cell Imaging Station offers you these important advantages:
• Simplicity—Fully integrated system with intuitive, multilingual user interface
• Speed—Get results in a snap, without warm-up, cool-down, or filter changes
• Convenience—Capture and print images on your bench, rather than in the darkroom
• Information—Find out about the most popular Molecular Probes® reagents and protocols via the user interface
• Robustness—No moving parts and long life LEDs for reliable day to day use
Compare cell imaging systems >
High Quality Imaging Anywhere in Your Lab
The FLoid® Cell Imaging Station is a fully integrated devise seamlessly combining high-quality optics, detection in three fluorescence channels as well as transmitted light, a widescreen LCD monitor, camera, image acquisition/processing software, and reagent information and protocols. It features a fixed, high-quality 20x plan fluorite objective, with additional magnification obtainable using the digital zoom. Fluorescence is captured in the three most commonly used channels (DAPI, FITC, and Texas Red filters). Transmitted light images automatically show cells in excellent contrast through a relief phase design, without loss of light. With its innovative light shield, ambient light is blocked so the FLoid® Cell Imaging Station can be placed wherever you need it most - in the tissue culture room, among other cell-based assay instruments, or on your lab bench. FLoid® Cell Imaging Station lets you bring imaging out of the darkroom.
Versatile and Easy to Use
The FLoid® Cell Imaging Station uses an open-stage design providing maximum vessel flexibility for slides, multi-well culture dishes, or even T75 flasks. A focus assist scale makes it easy to find the focus plane. Once samples are in focus, you can use the mouse to change light intensity and switch colors; there is also a scale bar that changes as the digital zoom level is changed, making it easy to estimate and compare sample sizes. The absolute magnification span is from 460X up to 1,840X using the digital zoom. Images can be printed directly using the optional printer, or saved for viewing in one of the four formats (JPEG, TIFF, BMP, or PNG) at a later time or with other software. With printer you can generate sticker-backed prints for immediate notebook mounting. The FLoid® Printer is not included with the FLoid® Cell Imaging Station and must be purchased separately.
Fast and Reliable
The FLoid® Cell Imaging Station requires no warm-up or cool-down periods. It uses LED light sources possessing exceptional stability and durability--so you can turn the FLoid® Cell Imaging Station on and off whenever you produce an image. Because there are no user-changeable parts, the system is exceptionally robust and no components will have 'walked away' when you need them. By taking on everyday imaging tasks, the reliable FLoid® Cell Imaging Station helps you protect your investment in other expensive fluorescence equipment.
An Everyday-Use Imager for Every User
Now anyone can quickly start acquiring high-quality fluorescence images. To facilitate straightforward, intuitive operation, the FLoid® Cell Imaging Station features an icon-based user interface with easy-to-use image capture and processing screens, thumbnails of collected images, and quick reference icons. You can set all interface instructions, including protocols, to one of the six built in languages--English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, and Chinese.
FLoid® Cell Imaging Station Places Information at your Fingertips
By incorporating the Molecular Probes® reagent selection guide, the FLoid® Cell Imaging Station simplifies fluorescent dye selection and cell staining. You can easily access detailed information on over 160 reagents in 20 application areas directly from the user interface. Each reagent has a quick reference protocol with icons and concise text for ease of use. These reagents have been validated for spectral compatibility with FLoid®, so you can obtain optimal images.
System specifications include:
• Objective: Fixed 20X plan fluorite; numerical aperture (NA) = 0.45; working distance (WD) = 5.9 mm.
• Color Channels: 4 channels (relief phase, blue, green, and red fluorescence)
• Illumination: LED (50,000 hour life), adjustable intensity
• Excitation: Blue channel: 390/40 nm; Green channel: 482/18 nm; Red channel: 586/15 nm
• Emission: Blue channel: 446/33 nm; Green channel: 532/59 nm; Red channel: 646/68 nm
• Captured Images: 16-bit monochrome, TIFF, PNG, JPG, or BMP (1296 × 964 pixels)
• LCD display: 15-inch color; display resolution 1366 x 768 pixels; image resolution 1296 x 964 pixels; adjustable tilt
• Dimensions: (W x H x D): 15.9' x 21.1 x 13.9' / 40.4 cm x 53.6 cm x 35.3 cm; 28 lbs / 12.7 kg